♡ Brought to you by Darling Niki! ♡

May your world be surrounded in peace, your heart filled with love, and your thoughts a fountain of wisdom.

FAKE A FULLER POUT AT HOME - EVERY TIME!

When it comes to your lips, that whole duck face look is gross, and forced pouts in photos aren't cute. For a soft and full kisser, you must use these simple techniques at home that do the job every time! Trust me - your pucker will nearly double in size when you do this!

Step 1: If your lips are really dry and flakey, use a bit of facial scrub to gently slough off the dead skin with your fingers. If the dryness isn't that bad (it won't be when you use these techniques often), dampen the corner of a washcloth and gently rub your lips until they are smooth.

Step 2: Apply Aquaphor or Elizabeth Arden 'Eight Hour Cream'. My Mom has been using 'Eight Hour Cream' religiously for nearly thirty years, and whenever I use it, the scent always reminds me of her. The cream is great to use on a dry nose, elbows, knees - you name it! These multi-taskers do wonders for moisturizing your lips the most, which is why its absolutely necessary that you apply it right after exfoliating your lips.

Step 3: I rarely use lipliner because my lips are naturally pretty dark, but feel free to apply a color that matches your skin tone. Fill in your lips just outside of your lip line for extra fullness if you need it. Please don't do the 90's hooker look with a ring of dark lipliner - yuck! 

Step 4: Yves Saint Laurent 'Touche Eclat Radiant Touch' is a great highlighter that you can use around your eyes, on the bridge of your nose, or for the lips - on your cupid's bow. I ran out of my highlighter recently, so in the photo below, I'm just wearing a tiny bit of eye shadow with shimmer on my cupid's bow.

Step 5: I've been using Lip Fusion for years, and it really works! Whether you are wearing lipstick or gloss, I highly recommend that once the cream has done its job, apply a layer of the plumping lip gloss. Apply sparingly and wait for it to set if you are wearing lipstick over it, like Makeup For Ever 'Rouge Artist Intese' (its amazing and wears like a stain). Don't forget to blot your lips, ladies! If you are just wearing gloss, feel free to load it on! But, if you're going to let anyone enjoy your soft, full lips, kiss the back of your hand first to remove the stickiness! Now you can be a "smooth operator", too!
Taken with my phone which unfortunately doesn't have a flash. I need digital camera recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment