♡ Brought to you by Darling Niki! ♡

May your world be surrounded in peace, your heart filled with love, and your thoughts a fountain of wisdom.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN

I've been borderline-obsessed with Ancient Egypt since childhood, when I would go to museums and beg my family to see the mummy exhibits with me. My parents probably thought that I was seriously disturbed, since reading Stephen King and looking at mummies by age eight isn't exactly normal. I took an anthropology course in college and was absolutely fascinated by all that I learned, so I hope to visit Egypt to see the ruins someday. 


There are many methods that were developed by the Ancient Egyptians and are still used today, such as condoms, high heels, paper, pens, surgery, hospitals, makeup, skin care, calendars and sailing. I performed a monologue in High School as Cleopatra from 'Antony and Cleopatra', and I can still remember most of it by heart...




Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have
Immortal longings in me. Now no more
The juice of Egypt's grape shall moist this lip.


Yare, yare, good Iras; quick. Methinks I hear
Antony call; I see him rouse himself
To praise my noble act; I hear him mock
The luck of Caesar, which the gods give men
To excuse their after wrath. 


Husband, I come;
Now to that name my courage prove my title!
I am fire and air; my other elements
I give to baser life. So; have you done?
Come then, and take the last warmth of my lips.

Farewell, kind Charmian; Iras, long farewell.Have I the aspic in my lips? Dost fall?
If thou and nature can so gently part,
The stroke of death is as a lover's pinch,
Which hurts, and is desired. 


Dost thou lie still?
If thus thou vanishest, thou tell'st the world
It is not worth leave-taking.



No comments:

Post a Comment